Our school SENDco is Mrs Hannah Bonser.
Springfield Academy has a long history of successfully supporting children with special educational needs including those with complex medical, physical, emotional, behavioural and learning needs. Our philosophy being that every child has the right to be educated within the local community alongside his/her peers and be supported effectively to suit his/her needs.
Springfield Academy SEND Aims
- To ensure every child with special educational needs has access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To identify a child’s specific needs at an early stage through monitoring and assessment.
- To ensure every child’s progress is monitored and reviewed regularly, so that they are able to reach their full potential.
- To make provision for those children with special educational needs by ensuring appropriate resourcing and support, including differentiation.
- To provide staff training where required.
- To provide a stimulating and supportive environment.
- To meet regularly with parents/carers to discuss progress and provision.